In 1891 Col. Joseph D. Potts, the owner of Isabella Furnace, began building the chateau-like mansion, "Langoma" which he intended as a residence for himself and his son William. However, Col. Potts died in December 1893 and did not live to see it completed. William, his wife, and mother did move into "Langoma".
The mansion eventually passed from the Potts family and became a first home for special children and then a retreat and retirement center run by the Daughters of St. Mary of Providence.
Langoma Mansion: Building Freedom Tour Site 3
St. Mary of Providence Center,
227 Isabella Road
Elverson, PA 19520